My friends just got a new puppy named Teddy. My puppy, Zoe, wanted to give him a gift. She wanted to be creative so we did a little baking. We made yummy home-ade doggy biscuits.
Once baked, we placed the biscuits in an air tight container along with a few toys.
Voila! An easy and fun gift to give.
Okay, I admit, maybe Zoe didn't do all the baking :)
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (you can use another type of flour if your dog is sensitive to wheat)
- 1 cup rolled oats>
- 1/3 cup peanut butter, chunky or smooth (I used smooth this time)
- 1 1/4 cups hot water
Additional flour for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Roll out between two sheets of wax paper so that dough is a 1/4 thickness.
- Cut using your favorite doggie cookie cutter.
- Bake on lightly greased cookie sheet for 40 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
- Serve and watch your dog wag her tail in sheer delight!